Friday, August 15, 2014

Will I Still Have To Pay Property Taxes If I Do A Short Sale?


Will I Still Have To Pay Property Taxes If I Do A Short Sale?


The Texas Group Realtors recently received this question from a seller.

"I am thinking about a short sale, but I am behind on my property taxes. Will I still have to pay them if I short sale my home?"

Email
beth@txhomerealty.com to discover how other sellers successfully did a short sale and avoided foreclosure.

Here is the answer to this question: In most cases your lender will pay those property taxes. Property taxes are a first priority lien on a property.

That means that if a property is foreclosed upon, then they still have to be paid. They don’t go away for any reason.

This is also why most lenders want to charge you monthly and then pay the property taxes themselves. They know that the taxes are a big bill that only comes once a year.

Not everyone can afford that big bill. Because your lender knows they will still have to pay the taxes after a foreclosure, they are willing to pay them during a short sale.

So if they are liquidating the property, why net more money from the sale with a short sale and avoid a foreclosure? That’s why they will pay the taxes when you short sale.

I can help you short sale your property and get back on your feet. Send me an e-mail at
beth@txhomerealty.com.  I will contact you for a free consultation.

When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at (469) 523-1402.

Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale
Grand Prairie, Arlington, Ft. Worth, Mansfield and request a free consultation by emailing
phillis@txhomerealty.com

Thinking about a loan modification? Our Dallas loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Email
beth@txhomerealty.com

Thanks for reading this, Phillis Nealy.

Phillis is a Real Estate Agent at The Texas Group.

Phone: (214) 650-5536.

A Realty company with Service as Big as Texas

View My homes for sale at
www.southwestdallashomes.com.

Important Notice


Phillis Nealy and The Texas Group Realtors are not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with the government.

This is not intended as legal, technical, or tax advice. Please speak with a licensed professional before making any decision. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment